We put more stopping power in your hands.
We asked ourselves what many of the most hardcore fly fishers who take on big anadromous fish and powerful saltwater species want in a fly reel. The answer, like our innovative solution, was simple: more control. You wanted to add extra fingertip or palm pressure to actively engage the fish, so we looked at existing reel designs and decided to open things up a bit. Literally. Featuring a unique modified full frame with exposed dual palming rim, the EVOKE lets you add fingertip or palm pressure from either side of the reel as you feel exactly how much it will take to turn that fish. But it’s not all up to you; the EVOKE utilizes the same proven fish-stopping carbon drag design as our 6000 series, with an intuitive drag knob with detents from 1 to 39 so you have twice the finesse when tuning-in desired drag resistance. Stainless steel dowel pins give the reel its staunch rigidity, and also help form a full frame line guard that eliminates any errant line mishaps. Plus, the pins help your fingers to index the exposed palming area for applying added pressure without taking your eyes off the fish. This one looks different, fights different, and is sure to be the difference maker during your next brawl.
- SCS drag design
- Large arbor for fast line pick up
- Modified full frame with dual spool palming access
- Full machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum with stainless steel pins
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Innovative quick-change spool mechanism
- Large, one revolution drag knob with numbered and detented settings
- Large machined aluminum ergonomic handle
- Neoprene and embroidered ballistic nylon reel case
- Two configurations—left or right hand specific frames
- Reel retrieve direction is not convertible
- Colors: Bronze/Platinum, Stealth/Blaze, Stealth/Platinum